When you think of a casserole dish, you think of a protein and pasta, amirite? I usually do, too. Until for a health concern I needed to reduce the amount of carbs and sugars. But what would I do without all my creamy, cheesy pasta favorites?
Enter my new favorite vegetable friend – the Cauliflower. This little gem is so versatile! It can be a substitute for rice, potatoes and did you even know…pasta?! That’s right – it tastefully replaces pasta in this dish. You won’t even know it.
- 1 pound Shaved Beef Steak (found at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 1 package or jar of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Baby Spinach
- Italian Cheese
Gather The Ingredients
Let’s Get Started
Prepare the cauliflower for roasting. Chop up into bite size pieces. In a bowl, mix with oil, salt and garlic. Spread on baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven. Cauliflower should be lightly browned and tender.
I like to season the beef with steak seasoning. Cook up meat while cauliflower is roasting.
After the cauliflower is roasted and the meat is browned, mix everything in a bowl. Spread in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Dinner is Served
I just love dishes you can slide out of the oven and take to the table so you can enjoy catching up with the family.
This dish would go great with a salad, or is fulfilling all on it’s own.
Steak and Cauliflower Casserole
A low carb comfort food casserole.
- 1 Package shaved beef (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups grated Italian cheese
- 1.5 oz sun dried tomatoes, about 1/2 package or jar
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms (baby bella), sliced
- 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into bite sizes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, milk or half and half
- 16 oz jar of Alfredo sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Chop Cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Mix cauliflower in bowl with a swirl of oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp garlic.
- Roast cauliflower in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on size of cuts.
- Turn oven down to 375°.
- In small batches in skillet, brown the steak.
- Combine everything in bowl.
- Spread in 11×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until dish is bubbly.