- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple
- Red Pepper
- Red onion
- Apple Juice
- Green Chiles or jalapeño
Gather Your Ingredients
Let’s Get Started
Assemble your blender or food processor.
Prepare all your fruit and veggies. Peel, core, slice and rough chop apple. (An apple slicer tool comes in very handy for this!)
Add cranberries, apple, red pepper and red onion to your blender or food processor. I have used both and both have given me great results. You will want to use a spatula to mix the blend around so the large bits on top make it to the bottom to get consistent size.
In a small bowl, add sugar to apple juice. Blend until sugar dissolves so you don’t have any grittiness (I have used regular sugar and a substitute like Truvia with great results).
Add the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeño to blender. Then add sugar and juice solution. Give one last rough chop, again, mixing the blend until all pieces are same size.
Spoon your salsa into a serving bowl, or place softened cream cheese on a platter and cover with salsa. Or serve both ways, which I recently did at my last gathering! Tortilla chips are great for dipping in to this salsa!
A sweet and spicy holiday salsa.
1 Package fresh cranberries
1 granny smith apple
1/2 red pepper, roughly chopped
1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
1-2 TBS sugar (or sugar substitute)
2-3 TBS apple juice
Zest of one lime + 1 tsp fresh squeezed juice
3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/2 rough chopped jalapeño
1. Prepare all the fruits and vegetables, by rough chopping.
2. In a food processor or high powered blender like a VitaMix, rough chop cranberries, apple, red pepper and red onion.
3. In small bowl, add sugar to apple juice. Mix until sugar dissolves.
4. Add lime zest, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeño to mix. Add sugar and juice solution. Give one last final chop until salsa is to your desired consistancy.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or over cream cheese with crackers.