- Rotisserie Chicken (or grilled chicken)
- Diced Ham
- Almond Flour
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Chicken or Veggie broth
- Xanthan Gum
- Swiss Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Brown mustard
- Keto bread, or French Bread
Gather Your Ingredients
Let’s Get Started
Begin by making a basic roux, using almond flour for low carb. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the flour, whisking together to make a creamy paste. Cook the mixture 2-3 minutes until the flour is cooked and no longer raw.
Whisk in stone ground mustard, or powdered mustard for extra flavor. Then stream in the broth, whisking the whole time. Bring to a boil.
Turn heat down and simmer and let sauce thicken. Add in the cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is completely incorporated.
Add in the Xanthan gum to thicken the soup base.
Add in the rotisserie or precooked grilled chicken and the diced ham.
Simmer until the meat is cooked through.
Stir in the Swiss cheese and brown mustard.
Top with parsley.
Serve with croutons.
Looking to create low carb croutons? Cut a few slices of your favorite Keto bread in to cubes. Place on baking pan in a single layer in 375° oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes until bread cubes are toasted.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
A soup twist to a classic meal.
Recipe: Living Oh So Peachy – livingohsopeachy.com
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 1/2 tsp stone ground mustard (or powdered mustard)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound diced or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 pound diced ham (deli or other)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large stock pan or Dutch oven.
- Add almond flour, mix to make a creamy paste. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stone ground mustard or powdered mustard.
- Whisk in broth bringing to a boil, then simmer to thicken.
- Blend in the cream cheese until melted and incorporated.
- Whisk in the Xanthan Gum to thicken even more.
- Add chicken and ham and simmer until heated through.
- Mix in Swiss cheese and brown mustard.
- Serve with croutons and fresh parsley.